Today I had a morning with some buddies so we got up ridiculously early, played, decided it was too cold for morning coop alterations, so we ran some errands instead.
After they left, I attached the old Habitat Restore cabinet to the chicken coop to make nesting boxes. I think it’s going to work as I had hoped. I still need to put some dividers on the inside and figure out what kind of latch will keep the doors securely closed. But we’re a step closer!!
I have also been checking the paint mis-tint sections for some good exterior paint. The only ones I’ve seen so far were dark gray, so unexciting. I want something colorful for the chicken shack so I’ll have to keep scoping the mis-tint aisles.
I took these photos once I connected the nesting box cupboards and had to laugh. It looks SO ghetto!! But I’m hoping once I put the finishing touches on and paint the whole thing one uniform color, it won’t look quite so ghetto… I guess that remains to be seen.