– A few good job prospects – nothing concrete yet, but some interviews, openings, etc. And in this economy, I am not taking any of it for granted. I am blessed.
– The new housemate – she’s laidback, fun, easy to live with, and even Maggie loves her already (which is really saying something).
– My friends… it’s hard to really put into words how much the random phone call means, or the invitation to spend an evening together, or the offer of a carpool to an event, a night of craftiness, a cup of coffee, just the fact that you are there… I am so blessed!
– Really cute munchkins – sometimes it is really hard to be the only single one in the crowd. But with every hard thing, there’s also a blessing attached – and the abundance of munchkins and the joy of being part of their lives is definitely that. I am blessed! And seriously, you people make really awesome munchkins!!
– A God who is invested in our details… the big details, the small details, and everything in between…
– Having lunch with the old Electrical gang from Neverland. I miss working with that crowd. Good to catch up with everyone.
– Trying to make a decision between good job prospects if I get more than one offer – right now I’m just agonizing in anticipation of said offers.
– My temp job is boring the life out of me… Don’t get me wrong, I’m thankful for the work temporarily. But I’ve only been at it a month, but honestly, most days I can feel my brain oozing out of my body from under use. And I am learning that I seriously need some challenge in my job in order to enjoy it. In the meantime, I’m doing glorified data entry, created templates in a slow software, making revisions, making more templates and revisions, and slowly losing my mind.
– I am feeling spread very thin… lots to do at home, lots of people to connect with, job hunting like a fiend, and the craziness of the holidays looming… along with all those projects I haven’t finished (or started in some cases).
– I still haven’t gone out to rip out the vegetable garden, and it’s dead and ugly, really ugly.
– The emotional ups and downs of being bored to death with one’s current job, interviewing for new jobs, and the uncertainty of it all. Definitely ugly.
– Last but not least, the kitchen floor. Still really, really ugly.