I’m taking a week off of working on the kitchen. Not necessarily by choice, but because the rest of life I keep putting on hold is happening – catching up with friends, and other evening activities. It is kind of nice to have a break from the painting. This weekend I may do some touching up to really finish that part before starting on the cabinet doors.
In the meantime, I had a job interview today in the company I am temping for. I think the interview went well and that the position would be a great fit – project management. It will be a week or two before I hear anything, so we shall see what happens.
I have been going to bed ridiculously late recently, a habit I really really really need to get out of. But, as usual, I am trying to cram way too much into one little life and am constantly feeling behind. Apparently I still need to learn to say no to more… to be a better judge of what is or is not realistic for me to take on… ah well, I am most certainly a work in progress.
Today I am thankful for (in no particular order):
– Some good job opportunities
– A paying job (temporary though it may be and even if the actual work is boring as all get out)
– The gift of the Eucharist, so present, so available
– Friends, lots and lots of terrific friends
– Family, great and small
– A new housemate who is great and seems to be a good fit around here
– Sunshine and the last few lingering fall leaves
– My sunshiney yellow kitchen (even if it isn’t finished)
– A bed waiting upstairs…
Good night all.