As I mentioned a week or two ago, I made new curtains for my dining room. I love them! I love the color, the material, the curtain rod, that I accomplished one thing in the month of March… yes, I love them. And though this probably isn’t that interesting to most of you, here’s a quick pictoral how to (for a certain friend out there who is also making curtains). I’m sure there’s a more professional way of doing this… but this is how I did it… and it only took a couple hours. (Note that I did not line mine, so if you line yours, they will be slightly different. But the tabs part will be the same.)
1. Cut fabric for window sizes
2. Cut tabs (I made mine 10 x 4 inches)
3. Fold tab in half, longways and inside out, to form a tube. Sew right sides together.
5. Iron flat
6. Fold the end over slightly and iron flat
7. Hem all sides of main curtain panels, measure an even distance between tabs, pin in place, sew tabs to curtain panels.
8. Install curtain rods (hopefully your drill batteries don’t decide to die like mine did).
9. Hang curtain on rods by tabs… (iron them first if you want to get the creases out… oops)