2. At my new job I will have a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) which basically means you can put pre-tax dollars into it and spend it on anything health related – over the counter drugs, prescriptions, glasses, office copays, dental work, etc. I’m in the process of trying to figure out how much to put into the FSA and realized that Suzie’s daily benedryl will now be tax free … awesome. No one has to know all that benedryl is for the dog. Not sure why I find this so entertaining, but I do.
3. I’m loving this weather, even though I know it won’t last. It’s in the mid-fifties here today, and though cloudly, it’s amazing to leave the house without a coat. I’m so ready for spring! Tomorrow I have every intention of pruning the rosebush (that I should have pruned in the fall), and clearing some plant leftovers, just to get outside for a bit (in the midst of cleaning and preparing to host a shower).
4. Spring makes me want sheep again. Weird. It’s probably good the City ordinance doesn’t allow sheep in my backyard or I’d be searching for a lamb or two. Guess I’ll wait till the farm dream comes true.
5. I have a lot of painting projects I want to do in my house. Kitchen and halls to repaint, and touch ups in the living room, dining room, bathroom, and bedroom. I’ve been noticing how badly they need it lately, but it doesn’t mean it will happen any time soon. When I was growing up, one of our good family friends was constantly redecorating. Almost every time we’d visit, one room or another would have new wallpaper, new paint, something new. I loved it but it was so foreign to me since my mom never did those kinds of things. The other day while I was daydreaming about some of said painting, it struck me that I’m turning into Mrs J. I want to repaint, pick new colors, and redecorate every few years. Sure didn’t see that coming.
6. Naturally, I should finish some of my other mostly done projects before I think about something major like repainting. Maybe I should install that new light fixture in the dining room I’ve been meaning to put in for a year now. Or touch up the trim in there. Or hem the living room chair cover. Yeah, I have an endless supply of mostly done projects that I never quite finish (and they plague me in their unfinishedness because I am such an extreme J).