So, I’ll take a moment from trying to catch up on Ireland to revel in the victories of last night:
- I pulled apart the garbage disposal and fixed the problem (a penny jammed under the blade part). and i got it put back together, all without a trip to the hardware store!!
- I also pulled out the refrigerator, opened up the back, and fixed the leak from the ice maker… again, without a trip to the hardware store!!!!!
- I went to Lowes to pick up the parts i need to fix the garage door… which i think will be a much more complex repair than the previous mentioned ones. we shall see…
- I got a haircut – its different than the last several, shorter and easier to take care of, and feels great.
- I walked with the BOC for a good half hour before bed, and there was only a small amount of pulling (thank you Maggie). this is a victory for a few reasons, 1. i’ve been wanting to start walking more for exercise for both me and the BOC, but have a hard time finding / scheduling the time. 2. walking both dogs used to be like a walking circus, but last night was a very pleasant and relaxing jaunt through the neighborhood. 3. we passed 2 other dogs (on the other side of the street, but passed nonetheless) with only slight pulling and no barking or freaking out 4. it was an incredibly beautiful evening for a walk.
And those are just my publishable victories! God is good!